Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Faceless

I am faceless.

All my life, I avoided labels. I hate it when people peg me down as something, anything. Even something nice, like oh, he's a nice guy. Yeah, he's a musician. Oh, yeah, he's a good Christian. Or, yeap, he's very talented at murdering cute puppies.

I am faceless. I don't like people giving me labels, and so I avoid doing it to myself as well.

I'm 24, and it just occurred to me - I don't even who I am, because all my life I have avoided giving myself a label. A face.

An identity.

And in doing so, I am losing out on what God has called me to be. I never gave Him a chance to call me His.

I never gave him a chance to give me an identity.

I never showed my love for Him out loud, because then I'd be the boy who loved Jesus.

He has made every single person to be so utterly unique, so unbearably, heart-breakingly beautiful, and even then, I refused to acknowledge that I am one of these.

You are utterly unique. Beautiful, and perfectly called to His purposes.

I am not a void. I am not faceless.

I am not faceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.